- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls. Place in a 5-qt. slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, combine the ketchup, water, vinegar and sugar. Pour over meatballs. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is no longer pink. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for All-Day Meatballs
Sort By :
"These were ok, but way too moist. I may try these again with less milk and maybe a leaner ground beef. There was a lot of grease in the slow cooker. The sauce was delicious though."
"These were pretty good. My kids wondered why I didn't stick with my recipe, but I wanted to try it out, used brown sugar instead of white, and Seasoning salt instead of regular salt. Next time i'll use less milk."
"Instead of oats, I substituted 1/2 cup of wheat crackers and 2 big slices of bread, which I tore into big pieces, as part of doubling the recipe. Also, I omitted the sugar. I used a 6 qt. crockpot and cooked the meatballs for about 5 hours. The meatballs from this altered recipe got lots of compliments."
"Sounds good and quite easy, but is there a way to cut down on the sodium without losing the tase."