All-Day Meatballs Recipe
Folks who work outside the home can pop these meatballs into the slow cooker in the morning. By the time they get home, dinner's ready! - Cathy Ryan, Red Wing, Minnesota
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls. Place in a 5-qt. slow cooker.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the ketchup, water, vinegar and sugar. Pour over meatballs. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is no longer pink. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (4 each) equals 346 calories, 16 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 81 mg cholesterol, 1,139 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 26 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC