All-Day Meatballs Recipe
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls. Place in a 5-qt. slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, combine the ketchup, water, vinegar and sugar. Pour over meatballs. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is no longer pink. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for All-Day Meatballs(25)
Sort By :
These were pretty good. My kids wondered why I didn't stick with my recipe, but I wanted to try it out, used brown sugar instead of white, and Seasoning salt instead of regular salt. Next time i'll use less milk.
Instead of oats, I substituted 1/2 cup of wheat crackers and 2 big slices of bread, which I tore into big pieces, as part of doubling the recipe. Also, I omitted the sugar. I used a 6 qt. crockpot and cooked the meatballs for about 5 hours. The meatballs from this altered recipe got lots of compliments.
Sounds good and quite easy, but is there a way to cut down on the sodium without losing the tase.
I thought these were very tasty,and putting the sauce in first does help them not stick together,thanks for the tip :)
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Meatball Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Ground Beef Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >