- 2 packages (12 ounces each) frozen fully cooked Italian meatballs
- 5 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 pound fresh baby carrots
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed beef broth, undiluted
- 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup dry red wine or beef broth
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cold water
- Place the meatballs, potatoes, carrots, onion and mushrooms in a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker. In a large bowl, combine the tomato sauce, broth, water, wine, garlic powder and pepper; pour over top. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until vegetables are tender.
- Combine flour and water until smooth; gradually stir into stew. Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes or until thickened. Yield: 8 servings (3 quarts).
Reviews forAll-Day Meatball Stew
"My family loved this recipe! I added 1/4 tsp of basil, thyme, rosemary, and cayenne pepper. It really enhanced the flavor and made it so savory!"
"My family really loved this. I only made one change. I substituted beef broth for the water and the wine. A great comfort food!"
"I'm not going to make this again. It was pretty "blah" tasting, I added a clove of garlic, red pepper flakes and some cayenne pepper; still not enough umph. Bland, bland, bland."
"This sounds great but is there a way to reduce the sodium?"
"I prepared this delicious dish recently and declare it a winner. I followed the recipe except I used regular carrots that I cut up instead of the baby carrots. My husband and I loved this recipe. I will be making it again and again. I highly recommend this recipe as a Volunteer Field Editor for Taste of Home."
"My family loved this. My husband ate the leftovers as meatball sandwiches and added chipotle sauce."
"This was a big hit in my home. Very easy and inexpensive to make. I will be making this again."