All-Day Brisket with Potatoes Recipe
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 fresh beef brisket (3 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (12 ounces) beer
- 1/2 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 3/4 cup stewed tomatoes
- 1/3 cup tomato paste
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- Place potatoes and celery in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Cut brisket in half. In a large skillet, brown beef in oil on all sides; transfer to slow cooker. In the same pan, saute onion until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add to slow cooker.
- Stir in beer and bouillon granules to skillet, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan; pour over meat. In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; add to slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender. Discard bay leaf. To serve, thinly slice across the grain. Yield: 8 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a light red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Tangley Oaks Pinot Noir 2012 CA, pinot nose with great raspberry and plum flavors...a perfectly balanced lighter wine. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $59.99. Order Now
Reviews for All-Day Brisket with Potatoes
Sort By :
Great recipe, we are making this again soon
I was wondering if anyone has made this
using something besides beer?
The beef came out with a very unique, yet tasty flavor. This dish was a delight and I will definitely make this again.
This Recipe was excellant... it had Great Flavor.. Hats off to the chef of this Meal..
So easy to fix and the sauce was excellent!