All-Day Brisket with Potatoes Recipe
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 fresh beef brisket (3 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (12 ounces) beer
- 1/2 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 3/4 cup stewed tomatoes
- 1/3 cup tomato paste
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- Place potatoes and celery in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Cut brisket in half. In a large skillet, brown beef in oil on all sides; transfer to slow cooker. In the same pan, saute onion until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add to slow cooker.
- Stir in beer and bouillon granules to skillet, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan; pour over meat. In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; add to slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender. Discard bay leaf. To serve, thinly slice across the grain. Yield: 8 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for All-Day Brisket with Potatoes
Sort By :
Great recipe, we are making this again soon
I was wondering if anyone has made this
using something besides beer?
The beef came out with a very unique, yet tasty flavor. This dish was a delight and I will definitely make this again.
This Recipe was excellant... it had Great Flavor.. Hats off to the chef of this Meal..
So easy to fix and the sauce was excellent!
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Brisket Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >