All-Day Apple Butter Recipe
- 5-1/2 pounds apples, peeled and finely chopped
- 4 cups sugar
- 2 to 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Place apples in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Combine sugar, cinnamon, cloves and salt; pour over apples and mix well. Cover and cook on high for 1 hour.
- Reduce heat to low; cover and cook for 9-11 hours or until thickened and dark brown, stirring occasionally (stir more frequently as it thickens to prevent sticking).
- Uncover and cook on low 1 hour longer. If desired, stir with a wire whisk until smooth. Spoon into freezer containers, leaving 1/2-in. headspace. Cover and refrigerate or freeze. Yield: 4 pints.
Reviews for All-Day Apple Butter(48)
Sort By :
Super easy and super taste!
I haven't tried this yet but want to. What kind of apples are the best to use? I've seen several different posts about it. Sweet apples? Tart? I would assume sweet but I don't know. Can someone help me out?
the taste is great. I will use less cinnamon next time; it overpowers the taste of apple. We loved it
This is WONDERFUL!! Thank you for the recipe. My kids use it on ice cream, pancakes the list goes on. Worth peeling the apples!