- 5-1/2 pounds apples, peeled and finely chopped
- 4 cups sugar
- 2 to 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Place apples in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Combine sugar, cinnamon, cloves and salt; pour over apples and mix well. Cover and cook on high for 1 hour.
- Reduce heat to low; cover and cook for 9-11 hours or until thickened and dark brown, stirring occasionally (stir more frequently as it thickens to prevent sticking).
- Uncover and cook on low 1 hour longer. If desired, stir with a wire whisk until smooth. Spoon into freezer containers, leaving 1/2-in. headspace. Cover and refrigerate or freeze. Yield: 4 pints.
Reviews for All-Day Apple Butter
Sort By :
superb and easy.
Super easy and super taste!
I haven't tried this yet but want to. What kind of apples are the best to use? I've seen several different posts about it. Sweet apples? Tart? I would assume sweet but I don't know. Can someone help me out?
the taste is great. I will use less cinnamon next time; it overpowers the taste of apple. We loved it