- blend. Add cheese; pulse until fine crumbs form. Add shortening and
- butter; pulse until coarse crumbs form. While processing, gradually
- add water until dough forms a ball.
- Divide dough in half with one ball slightly larger than the other;
- wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- For filling, in a large saucepan, saute the potatoes, carrots, celery
- and onion in butter for 5 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir in broth; cover and cook for 10 minutes or until vegetables are
- Combine flour and milk until smooth; gradually add to vegetable
- mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until
- thickened. Add the remaining ingredients; simmer 5 minutes longer.
- Roll out larger pastry ball to fit a 9-in. pie plate; transfer to pie
- plate. Trim pastry even with edge. Pour hot turkey filling into
- crust. Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie; place over
- filling. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cut slits in top or make
- decorative cutouts in pastry.
- Bake at 350° for 35-45 minutes or until crust is light golden
- brown. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 551 calories, 31 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 50 mg cholesterol, 704 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 20 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer