My sweet and tangy sheet cake piled with fresh-whipped cream and juicy fruit is so good, you might just want to eat it for breakfast. —James Schend, Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin
Recommended: The 99 Most American Recipes Ever
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 3 large eggs
- 2 to 3 cups sweetened whipped cream
- 3 to 4 cups assorted fresh fruit
- Preheat oven to 350°. Combine cake mix, buttermilk, oil and eggs; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- Pour into a 13x9-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 25-30 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Spread whipped cream over cake; top with fruit. Refrigerate. Yield: 15 servings.
Originally published as All-American Sheet Cake in Taste of Home June/July 2016, p9