All-American Sausage and Pepper Sliders Recipe
- 4 uncooked Italian sausage links
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 large sweet red peppers, thinly sliced
- 2 large red onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 dinner rolls, split
- 1. In a large skillet, brown sausages on all sides, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low; add water. Cover and cook 10-15 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Remove from pan; keep warm.
- 2. In the same pan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add peppers and onions; cook and stir until tender. Add brown sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce and pepper; cook 5 minutes longer or until vegetables are coated.
- 3. Cut each sausage lengthwise in half, then crosswise in half. Serve in rolls with pepper mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
2 sliders equals 620 calories, 29 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 95 mg cholesterol, 1,189 mg sodium, 68 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 23 g protein.
Reviews for All-American Sausage and Pepper Sliders
"Excellent sauce. I used hot sausage. After browning the sausage, in the same pan, I sauteed two medium onions and one green pepper. I set aside the onions/peppers. Made the sauce, added the sausage and arranged the onions/pepper on top to simmer. Very good taste!"
"This is hands down one of our favorite meals. We like to have it with roasted asparagus drizzled with balsamic."
"Delicious! I used hot Italian sausage to add some heat. Nice sweet, savory combo. Delicious with the toasted ravioli. Quick and easy too."