In the ballpark keep one hand free for a fly ball. Learn from this and make sausage and pepper hero sandwiches into sliders. —Veronica Callaghan, Glastonbury, Connecticut
- 4 uncooked Italian sausage links
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 large sweet red peppers, thinly sliced
- 2 large red onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 dinner rolls, split
- In a large skillet, brown sausages on all sides, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low; add water. Cover and cook 10-15 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Remove from pan; keep warm.
- In the same pan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add peppers and onions; cook and stir until tender. Add brown sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce and pepper; cook 5 minutes longer or until vegetables are coated.
- Cut each sausage lengthwise in half, then crosswise in half. Serve in rolls with pepper mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as All-American Sausage and Pepper Sliders in Taste of Home June/July 2012, p50
Reviews for All-American Sausage and Pepper Sliders
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review