All-American Rub Recipe
“This wonderful salt-free rub is great on steaks, pork and chicken,” writes Heather Bonser from Laurel, Montana. Try shaking the quick, sweet-spicy rub on hot popcorn, too!
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1. In a small bowl, combine all ingredients; store in an airtight container.
- 2. Rub over meat or poultry; cover and refrigerate for up to 4 hours before grilling or broiling. Yield: 3/4 cup.
1 tablespoon: 43 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 4mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (9g sugars, trace fiber), trace protein Diabetic Exchanges:1/2 starch
Reviews for All-American Rub
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC