I found this recipe almost 8 years ago and tried it for my daughter's first birthday party. I got so many compliments and requests for the recipe, I don't make burgers any other way now! —Marsha Urso, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 6 kaiser rolls, split
- Leaf lettuce, Colby cheese slices, tomato slices, ketchup, prepared mustard and Fried Onion Rings or french-fried onions, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the bread crumbs, onion, salad dressing and eggs. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into six patties.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Serve on rolls with lettuce, cheese, tomato, ketchup, mustard and Fried Onion Rings if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as All-American Loaded Burgers in Simple & Delicious May/June 2009, p58
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for All-American Loaded Burgers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review