All-American Loaded Burgers
I found this recipe almost 8 years ago and tried it for my daughter's first birthday party. I got so many compliments and requests for the recipe, I don't make burgers any other way now! —Marsha Urso, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 6 kaiser rolls, split
- Leaf lettuce, Colby cheese slices, tomato slices, ketchup, prepared mustard and Fried Onion Rings or french-fried onions, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the bread crumbs, onion, salad dressing and
- eggs. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into six
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat for
- 5-7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160°
- and juices run clear. Serve on rolls with lettuce, cheese, tomato,
- ketchup, mustard and Fried Onion Rings if desired.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 burger (calculated without optional toppings) equals 657 calories, 32 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 185 mg cholesterol, 903 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 42 g protein.