- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 6 kaiser rolls, split
- Leaf lettuce, Colby cheese slices, tomato slices, ketchup, prepared mustard and Fried Onion Rings or french-fried onions, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the bread crumbs, onion, salad dressing and eggs. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into six patties.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Serve on rolls with lettuce, cheese, tomato, ketchup, mustard and Fried Onion Rings if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for All-American Loaded Burgers
"Although tastes a lot like meatloaf, it was different and still a crowd pleaser."
"Tasteless and mushy. I threw it out."
"The meat was so soft it felt like you were eating mush. I did everything by the recipe I guess I needed more meat although I had 3 lbs."
"It sounded okay until you got to the catsup. Why ruin good food recipes with catsup?"
"this isn't a burger! its a meatloaf!"