We do a lot of camping and outdoor cooking. Hamburgers are on our menu more than any other food.Diane Hixon, Niceville, Florida
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 slices American or cheddar cheese, halved diagonally
- 2 slices Swiss cheese, halved diagonally
- 4 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- Lettuce leaves, sliced tomato and onion, cooked bacon, ketchup and mustard, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients. Crumble beef
- over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 6 minutes on each side or until
- a meat thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear.
- During the last minute of cooking, top each patty with two triangles
- of American cheese and one triangle of Swiss cheese. Serve on buns
- with the lettuce, tomato, onion, bacon, ketchup and mustard if
- desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 421 calories, 21 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 82 mg cholesterol, 760 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 30 g protein.