All-American Hamburgers Recipe
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 slices American or cheddar cheese, halved diagonally
- 2 slices Swiss cheese, halved diagonally
- 4 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- Lettuce leaves, sliced tomato and onion, cooked bacon, ketchup and mustard, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties.
- 2. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 6 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear.
- 3. During the last minute of cooking, top each patty with two triangles of American cheese and one triangle of Swiss cheese. Serve on buns with the lettuce, tomato, onion, bacon, ketchup and mustard if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 421 calories, 21 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 82 mg cholesterol, 760 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 30 g protein.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.