All-American Hamburgers Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 4 slices process American cheese or cheddar cheese, halved diagonally
- 2 slices Swiss cheese, halved diagonally
- 4 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- Lettuce leaves, sliced tomato and onion, cooked Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, ketchup and mustard, optional
- 1. Combine first five ingredients, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Shape into four patties. Grill burgers, covered, on a greased rack over medium direct heat until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear, about 6 minutes on each side.
- 2. During the last minute of cooking, top each patty with two triangles of American cheese and one triangle of Swiss cheese. Serve on buns; if desired, top with lettuce, tomato, onion, bacon, ketchup or mustard. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 421 calories, 21g fat (11g saturated fat), 82mg cholesterol, 760mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 30g protein.
Reviews for All-American Hamburgers
"Fantastic and simple recipe. I added a little bit of liquid smoke, to really give it that smokey flavor. PERFECTO! Great recipe."
"I used Skyline HOT chili sauce and these turned out great, with a little heat/kick."
"This was excellent, very juicy... Will leave out the onions when fixing for a crowd since some people seem to really hate onions. Will saute onions and have on the side. Am fixing for a crowd for Super Bowl 46."
"We just had these for a quick lunch after church, very yummy! Everyone enjoyed them."
"Yum yum! We are currently living out of the country and these were like a yummy tast of home! We topped them with toasty rolls, tomatoe, cheddar cheese, lettuce and ketchup! We had potatoe salad and sauteed zucchini to top it off!"
"Just thought of something else...EVERYTHING is always better when you are camping. Thanks for sharing your favorite with us."
"oppss..typo..make that "enough ""
"chili sauce,worcestershire sauce,mustard,ketchup all have enought sodium in them. No salt is really needed plus it is much healthier for you without the added sodium!"
"I notice there is no salt in the recipe. That would add more flavor.S.S."
"My fmaily loves these burgers. They are great and easy to make"
"I am going camping on the 4th and I think I will try this. Thanks for sharing.??? ?"
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.