All-American Chili Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (15-3/4 ounces) pork and beans
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed vegetable beef soup, undiluted
- Shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. In a large saucepan, brown the beef, onion and pepper until the beef is no longer pink; drain. Stir in beans and soups. Simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until heated through. Garnish with cheese. Yield: 4-6 servings (1-1/2 quarts).
1 serving (1 cup) equals 255 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 39 mg cholesterol, 903 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 20 g protein.
Reviews for All-American Chili
"didn't really like the pork and beans in it...needed to be more spicy."
"Definitely didn't think it was "chili"; however, I'm convinced if you added more varieties of beans it would be excellent baked beans!"