- the onion, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, garlic, sugar, salt,
- paprika, allspice, bay leaf and remaining pepper. Return beef to the
- pan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- Stir in potatoes and carrots. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and
- simmer for 30-35 minutes or until meat and vegetables are tender.
- Combine remaining flour and water until smooth; stir into the pan.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Discard bay leaf. Yield: 8 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/4 cups equals 324 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 70 mg cholesterol, 322 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 25 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 vegetable.