All-American Barbecue Sandwiches Recipe
I came up with this delicious recipe on my own. It's my husband's favorite and is a big hit with family and friends who enjoyed it at our Fourth of July picnic.—Sue Gronholz, Beaver Dam, Wisconsin
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:18 servings
- 4-1/2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1-1/2 cups chopped onions
- 2-1/4 cups ketchup
- 3 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 18 hamburger buns, split
- 1. In a Dutch oven, cook beef and onions until meat is no longer pink and onion is tender; drain. Stir in the ketchup, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper. Heat through. Serve on buns. Yield: 18 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 391 calories, 16 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 75 mg cholesterol, 1,100 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 27 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC