- 4-1/2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1-1/2 cups chopped onions
- 2-1/4 cups ketchup
- 3 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 18 hamburger buns, split
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef and onions until meat is no longer pink and onion is tender; drain. Stir in the ketchup, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper. Heat through. Serve on buns. Yield: 18 servings.
Reviews for All-American Barbecue Sandwiches
Sort By :
"This is one of my family favorites. I have made it several different ways, but found the tastiest is with half bbq sauce in place of 1/2 of the ketchup. This is a easy and versatile recipe. Enjoy!"
"My kids love this! I don't need this much at one time so I freeze part of it for a meal when our lives are crazy & hectic."
"Ever since I saw this in one of my first Taste Of Home magazines, this is the only beef barbecue that I make. Although we love it, I do think there's too much pepper in this recipe. I suggest cutting it down to 1/2 or 1/3 TBP pepper."
"I made these when the recipe was first published..and they have been the only Sloppy Joes my people will eat. I have to scale down the recipe most of the time, but that isn't difficult. this freezes very well...for times when company shows up unexpectedly, or I'm too tired to cook in the evening. Good Sammies, these!"