All-American Barbecue Sandwiches Recipe
- 4-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1-1/2 cups chopped onions
- 2-1/4 cups ketchup
- 3 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 18 hamburger buns, split
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef and onions until meat is no longer pink and onion is tender; drain. Stir in the ketchup, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper. Heat through. Serve on buns. Yield: 18 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for All-American Barbecue Sandwiches(3)
Sort By :
My kids love this! I don't need this much at one time so I freeze part of it for a meal when our lives are crazy & hectic.
Ever since I saw this in one of my first Taste Of Home magazines, this is the only beef barbecue that I make. Although we love it, I do think there's too much pepper in this recipe. I suggest cutting it down to 1/2 or 1/3 TBP pepper.
I made these when the recipe was first published..and they have been the only Sloppy Joes my people will eat. I have to scale down the recipe most of the time, but that isn't difficult. this freezes very well...for times when company shows up unexpectedly, or I'm too tired to cook in the evening. Good Sammies, these!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Burger Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Ground Beef Burger Recipes >
- Ground Beef Sloppy Joe Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- July 4th Recipes >
- Labor Day Recipes >
- Memorial Day Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinner Recipes >