All-American Banana Split Recipe
“In 1904, the first banana split was made here in Latrobe, Pennsylvania by David Strickler, an apprentice pharmacist at a local drug store,” says Melissa Blystone of Valley Dairy. “We still use his original formula when we make splits in our restaurants.”
- 1 medium banana, peeled and split lengthwise
- 1 scoop each vanilla, chocolate and strawberry ice cream
- 2 tablespoons sliced fresh strawberries or 1 tablespoon strawberry ice cream topping
- 2 tablespoons pineapple chunks or 1 tablespoon pineapple ice cream topping
- 2 tablespoons whipped cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped peanuts
- 1 tablespoon chocolate syrup
- 2 maraschino cherries with stems
- 1. Place banana in a dessert dish; place scoops of ice cream between banana. Top with remaining ingredients. Serve immediately. Yield: 1 serving.
Reviews for All-American Banana Split
Reviewed Jul. 24, 2012
"My hubby loves these but they melt before we can get them home for him!!! With this receipe it don't melt!!!"
Reviewed Feb. 9, 2012
"Would've been better w/o the pineapple, but all in all it was a terrific recipe."
Reviewed Jul. 28, 2011
"Just awesome, we love it!"
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC