Alien Noodles Recipe
In an attempt to get my son to eat vegetables. I fixed an Alfredo sauce and stirred in fresh spinach and pasta. He started to complain, but when I called it "Alien Noodles", he took a bite. It's now his favorite side dish.—Laura Hodges, Shallowater, Texas
- 12 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped fresh spinach or 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1. Cook the pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in Parmesan cheese until melted. Stir in spinach. Drain pasta and transfer to a serving bowl. Pour sauce over pasta and toss to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 256 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 422 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 9 g protein.
Reviews for Alien Noodles
Reviewed Feb. 11, 2012
"Plain but really good"
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC