Alien Noodles Recipe
In an attempt to get my son to eat vegetables. I fixed an Alfredo sauce and stirred in fresh spinach and pasta. He started to complain, but when I called it "Alien Noodles", he took a bite. It's now his favorite side dish.—Laura Hodges, Shallowater, Texas
- 12 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped fresh spinach or 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1. Cook the pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in Parmesan cheese until melted. Stir in spinach. Drain pasta and transfer to a serving bowl. Pour sauce over pasta and toss to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup: 256 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 422mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 9g protein.
Reviews for Alien Noodles
Reviewed Feb. 11, 2012
"Plain but really good"
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC