In an attempt to get my son to eat vegetables. I fixed an Alfredo sauce and stirred in fresh spinach and pasta. He started to complain, but when I called it "Alien Noodles", he took a bite. It's now his favorite side dish.—Laura Hodges, Shallowater, Texas
- 12 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped fresh spinach or 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in Parmesan cheese until melted. Stir in spinach. Drain pasta and transfer to a serving bowl. Pour sauce over pasta and toss to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Alien Noodles in Taste of Home August/September 1999, p14
Reviews for Alien Noodles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review