Prepared Alfredo sauce streamlines the preparation of the tasty stuffed shells. They're filled with shrimp, mushrooms and green onion. For a fast finish, complete the meal with Caesar salad and crusty French bread. Or serve sauteed zucchini followed by cubed cantaloupe and watermelon for dessert.—Gertrude Peischl, Allentown, Pennsylvania
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1 package (5 ounces) frozen cooked salad shrimp, thawed
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/2 cup Alfredo sauce, divided
- 6 jumbo pasta shells, cooked and drained
- Lemon wedges and fresh parsley
- In a small skillet, saute mushrooms in butter until almost tender. Add onion; cook until tender. Stir in the shrimp and 2 tablespoons Alfredo sauce. Pour 1/4 cup of the remaining sauce into a greased 8-in. square baking dish.
- Fill each pasta shell with 2 tablespoons shrimp mixture; place in baking dish. Top with the remaining Alfredo sauce.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly. Serve with lemon and parsley. Yield: 3 servings.
Originally published as Alfredo Shrimp Shells in Quick Cooking July/August 2001, p19
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Alfredo Shrimp Shells
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review