Alfredo Rice Casserole
Rice lovers won’t be able to get enough of this creamy, comforting casserole. Substitute a mushroom Alfredo or three-cheese sauce for equally delicious results.Aysha Schurman, Ammon, Idaho
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/3 cups refrigerated Alfredo sauce
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 cup cooked wild rice
- 1 cup marinated quartered artichoke hearts, chopped
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil)
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Transfer to a greased 8-in.
- square baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly.
- Yield: 5 servings.
To Make Ahead: Cook rice and bacon ahead of time and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 418 calories, 32 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 1,191 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 11 g protein.