Alfredo Potatoes Recipe
"These cheesy stuffed potatoes are great for a meal or as a side dish," says Peter Barry of Norrisville, Maryland. "Cut the recipe in half and use a small potato for an after-school snack," he adds.
- 2 large baking potatoes
- 1 cup prepared Alfredo sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup shredded Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- 1. Pierce potatoes several times with a fork and place on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave on high for 4-1/2 minutes or until tender. Allow potatoes to cool slightly.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine the Alfredo sauce, garlic powder, pepper and thyme. Stir in 1/2 cup cheddar cheese and mozzarella cheese. Cut potatoes in half lengthwise. Scoop out the pulp and add to the sauce mixture; mix well. Spoon into potato shells. Sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese. Microwave on high for 45 seconds or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 375 calories, 17 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 497 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 16 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC