"These cheesy stuffed potatoes are great for a meal or as a side dish," says Peter Barry of Norrisville, Maryland. "Cut the recipe in half and use a small potato for an after-school snack," he adds.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 large baking potatoes
- 1 cup prepared Alfredo sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Pierce potatoes several times with a fork and place on a
- microwave-safe plate. Microwave on high for 4-1/2 minutes or until
- tender. Allow potatoes to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine the Alfredo sauce, garlic powder,
- pepper and thyme. Stir in 1/2 cup cheddar cheese and mozzarella
- cheese. Cut potatoes in half lengthwise. Scoop out the pulp and add
- to the sauce mixture; mix well. Spoon into potato shells. Sprinkle
- with remaining cheddar cheese. Microwave on high for 45 seconds or
- until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 375 calories, 17 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 497 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 16 g protein.