"These cheesy stuffed potatoes are great for a meal or as a side dish," says Peter Barry of Norrisville, Maryland. "Cut the recipe in half and use a small potato for an after-school snack," he adds.
- 2 large baking potatoes
- 1 cup prepared Alfredo sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Pierce potatoes several times with a fork and place on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave on high for 4-1/2 minutes or until tender. Allow potatoes to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine the Alfredo sauce, garlic powder, pepper and thyme. Stir in 1/2 cup cheddar cheese and mozzarella cheese. Cut potatoes in half lengthwise. Scoop out the pulp and add to the sauce mixture; mix well. Spoon into potato shells. Sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese. Microwave on high for 45 seconds or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Alfredo Potatoes in Quick Cooking September/October 2000, p40
Reviews for Alfredo Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review