Alfredo Creamed Spinach
I created this recipe for my son who wants spinach all the time. My husband, who doesn't normally like spinach, tried the tasty side dish and loved it!
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach
- 1/4 pound bacon strips, chopped
- 1 jar (15 ounces) Alfredo sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook spinach according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large
- skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper
- towels with a slotted spoon; drain, reserving 3 tablespoons
- Drain spinach. In the same skillet, saute spinach in reserved
- drippings for 1 minute. Stir in the alfredo sauce, pepper and bacon;
- heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 324 calories, 25 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 49 mg cholesterol, 722 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 13 g protein.