This hearty stovetop entree from Tiffany Treanor of Waukomis, Oklahoma is creamy and cheesy. "I'm always trying to come up with something new, and for this recipe, I just started putting things together. I was surprised how good it tasted."
- 1-1/2 cups frozen cheese tortellini
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast half (6 ounces), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 bacon strips, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon adobo seasoning
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- Cook tortellini according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, cook and stir the chicken, bacon and adobo seasoning over medium heat until chicken is no longer pink. Add onion and red pepper; cook and stir until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- In a small bowl, combine the soup, milk, sour cream and cheese; stir into chicken mixture. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-7 minutes.
- Drain tortellini; add to chicken mixture. Stir in broccoli; heat through. Yield: 3 servings.
Originally published as Alfredo Chicken Tortellini in Cooking for 2 Winter 2008, p37
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Alfredo Chicken Tortellini
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review