Alfredo Chicken Tortellini Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups frozen cheese tortellini
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast half (6 ounces), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon adobo seasoning
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 1. Cook tortellini according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, cook and stir the chicken, bacon and adobo seasoning over medium heat until chicken is no longer pink. Add onion and red pepper; cook and stir until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the soup, milk, sour cream and cheese; stir into chicken mixture. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-7 minutes.
- 3. Drain tortellini; add to chicken mixture. Stir in broccoli; heat through. Yield: 3 servings.
1-1/3 cups: 506 calories, 25g fat (11g saturated fat), 80mg cholesterol, 963mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 3g fiber), 29g protein.
Reviews for Alfredo Chicken Tortellini
"This dish was delish! The bacon made this very flavorful. The next time I make it I will double the tortellini and cut the broccoli up smaller."
"Excellent!!!! Love it!!"
"I love alfredo and this one is no exception. It tastes absolutely superb.There's a coupon for $1 off of any HarvestLand Product here: (They have really good organic chicken. =] )http://printablecouponsanddeals.com/2013/10/1-off-any-harvestland-product-2.html"
"So easy and good!! I'll have to double the recipe next time!"
"I followed everything in the recipe. One thing I did alittle different was I used spinach cheese tortellini, I added white and golden sweet corn, and I put it in the oven for about 3 minutes to top it off. My daughter is 2 years old and every mother knows how picky they can be, she ate every bit on her plate. Two thumbs up to this recipe."
"This was simple and quick to make! I had most of the ingredients on hand. I did substitute the adobo seasoning with other spices and did not have any broccoli, but the dish tasted great and the family loved it!"
"Ate, ya the bottom ata that"
"what is adobo seasoning I would like to try and make this Thank you"
"Easy and tasty."
"This recipe was ok but not spectacular."
"I made my own tortellini for this recipe: http://applepiefromscratch105.wordpress.com/2012/03/19/wonton-wrapper-tortellini/ and it turned out amazing!"
"Had to substitute a few things, but it turned out great."
"Nice and creamy. i used leftover chicken so I just added it at the same time as I did the sauce mix. Delicious! Lots of sauce though -- probably more than needed. Next time I'll probably use a spinach tortellini. Do not omit the bacon, it really gives it nice flavor!"
"chicken is very moist and creamy - excellent dish!"
"Really tastey n lite"
"I think this is my new favorite food. It is so delicious. I can't imagine anyone not liking this! Great recipe to try if you want to have a "fancy meal" but don't want to put a lot of time into it!"
"Tried this recipe on a whim...and was glad I did. Did not have the adobo seasoning, so substituted a sweet mesquite seasoning that we usually use for grilling meats. This may have changed it much from the original intended flavor, but it was YUMMY!"
"I am going to try and use other spices instead of the adobo seasoning. I've searched Albertson's and Wal-mart and nobody can find it. I will have to order it online. Going to try it tonight for dinner, will let you everyone know how it turns out and will let you know what I use as a replacement for others who ccan't find adobo seasoning. If my 2 and 3 year old kids eat it then it will be a keeper recipe :)"
"We doubled the recipe, probably would have been enough for 4 if we hadn't. We used Barilla three cheese tortallini ( found with the dry pasta), steamed fresh broccoli and used cream of mushroom for extra flavor. Delicious!! Will make again and again."
"I haven't made this yet but I have a question. The three strips of bacon. Should that read cooked and chopped? It Wwuld seem to me if it was chopped raw bacon, there would be a ton of bacon grease in the mix."
"Very tasty....made a couple changes likeout of Broccoli so used Cherry Tomatoes,more chicken & real Bacon Bits to save time& some fresh Mushrooms ."
"Adobo is a seasoning you can buy in grocery stores. Look for international foods, like Goya brand Adobo."
"What is adobo seasoning? Is it something to be put together or bought?Yankee1"
"What made you cooke this recipe?"