Alfredo Chicken 'n' Biscuits
Chock-full of veggies and topped off with golden-brown biscuits and Alfredo sauce, this casserole from Cheryl Miller in Fort Collins, Colorado will warm you through. “It's fun to prepare and has the most excellent flavor,” Cheryl says. TIP: “I like to serve it with a crisp green salad.”
4 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2 cups chopped fresh broccoli
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh carrots
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 carton (10 ounces) refrigerated Alfredo sauce
- 1 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large skillet, saute broccoli, carrots
- and onion in oil until crisp-tender. Stir in chicken and Alfredo
- sauce; heat through. Transfer to a lightly greased 8-in. square
- baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine baking mix, milk and dill just until
- moistened. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto chicken mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, 18-22 minutes or until bubbly and biscuits are
- golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 578 calories, 38 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 94 mg cholesterol, 1,161 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 28 g protein.