Alfredo Chicken 'n' Biscuits
Chock-full of veggies and topped off with golden-brown biscuits and Alfredo sauce, this casserole from Cheryl Miller in Fort Collins, Colorado will warm you through. “It's fun to prepare and has the most excellent flavor,” Cheryl says. TIP: “I like to serve it with a crisp green salad.”
4 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2 cups chopped fresh broccoli
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh carrots
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 carton (10 ounces) refrigerated Alfredo sauce
- 1 cup Bisquick® mix
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- In a large skillet, saute the broccoli, carrots and onion in oil
- until crisp-tender. Stir in chicken and Alfredo sauce; heat through.
- Transfer to a lightly greased 8-in. square baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the baking mix, milk and dill just until
- moistened. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto chicken mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 18-22 minutes or until bubbly and
- biscuits are golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 578 calories, 38 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 94 mg cholesterol, 1,161 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 28 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as