For a cute potpie presentation, dish this creamy chicken up in ramekins and top each with a biscuit. I sometimes serve it over hot linguine, too. —Jennifer Jordan of Hubbard, Ohio
- 2 jars (16 ounces each) Alfredo sauce
- 2 cans (15-1/4 ounces each) whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 2 jars (4-1/2 ounces each) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 tube (12 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Pour half into a 6-qt. slow cooker.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Brown chicken in batches on both sides. Transfer to slow cooker.
- Pour remaining Alfredo mixture over chicken. Cook, covered, on low 3-4 hours or until chicken is tender (a thermometer inserted in chicken should read at least 165°).
- Arrange biscuits on an ungreased baking sheet; sprinkle with cheese. Bake according to package directions.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker. Shred with two forks; return to slow cooker. Serve chicken mixture in ramekins or shallow bowls topped with a biscuit. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Alfredo Chicken & Biscuits in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2016, p36
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Alfredo Chicken & Biscuits
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review