Alfredo Bacon Mushroom Pizza
My hearty party pizza is so convenient to make—but it looks and tastes gourmet. Creamy Alfredo sauce complements the creative combination of toppings.—Kami Horch, Frankfort, ME
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen pizza dough, thawed
- 1/2 pound bacon strips
- 1 cup roasted garlic Alfredo sauce
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 large portobello mushrooms, stems removed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Roll dough into a 15-in. circle; transfer to a greased 14-in. pizza
- pan and build up edges slightly. Bake at 425° for 6-8 minutes or
- until lightly browned. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon
- just until done. Drain on paper towels; cut into 1-in. pieces.
- Spread Alfredo sauce over crust; sprinkle with cheeses. Cut mushrooms
- into 1/2-in. strips; place over cheese so they resemble spokes of a
- wheel. Sprinkle with bacon and pepper. Bake for 10-15 minutes or
- until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 8 slices.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 313 calories, 14 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 48 mg cholesterol, 850 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 14 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.