- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen pizza dough, thawed
- 1/2 pound bacon strips
- 1 cup roasted garlic Alfredo sauce
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 large portobello mushrooms, stems removed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Roll dough into a 15-in. circle; transfer to a greased 14-in. pizza pan and build up edges slightly. Bake at 425° for 6-8 minutes or until lightly browned. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon just until done. Drain on paper towels; cut into 1-in. pieces.
- Spread Alfredo sauce over crust; sprinkle with cheeses. Cut mushrooms into 1/2-in. strips; place over cheese so they resemble spokes of a wheel. Sprinkle with bacon and pepper. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 8 slices.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Alfredo Bacon Mushroom Pizza
"This was delicious! I used turkey bacon & reduced fat alfredo sauce to save a few calories."
"I used ground Italian turkey and it was wonderful...we all loved it!"
"I was pleasantly surprised how good this pizza was, definitely adding it to our recipe box. I may even add fresh spinach and/or chicken to it next time. But the flavor is good!"
"bacon and mushroom good flavors but way too salty-the jarred alfredo sauce was like salt overload with the cheeses and bacon which already are salty as well."