Ale Bread Recipe
For a tender white loaf that's a bit moister and denser than other breads, try this simple recipe shared by Jeannine Norder of Eaton Rapids, Michigan. It's equally good whether you use beer of ginger ale.
- 1 cup warm beer or ginger ale (70° to 80°)
- 1/3 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons Red Star® Platinum Superior Baking Yeast™
- 1. In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf (about 1-1/2 pounds).
1 serving (1 slice) equals 107 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 222 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC