For a tender white loaf that's a bit moister and denser than other breads, try this simple recipe shared by Jeannine Norder of Eaton Rapids, Michigan. It's equally good whether you use beer of ginger ale.
16 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 3 hours
- 1 cup warm beer or ginger ale (70° to 80°)
- 1/3 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups King Arthur Unbleached Bread Flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by
- manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and
- loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions
- (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of
- water or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf (about 1-1/2 pounds).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 107 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 222 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.