- 1 cup warm beer or ginger ale (70° to 80°)
- 1/3 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons Red Star® Platinum Superior Baking Yeast™
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf (about 1-1/2 pounds).
Reviews for Ale Bread
Sort By :
"This bread is delicious. I just used some beer that was in my fridge, nothing special. It got attacked by my family and then I made another loaf to try measurements for a 2 pound loaf. Turned out perfect.1 cup warm beer1 cup warm water2 3/4 T vegetable oil4 T sugar2 t salt4 c bread flour3 t active dry yeast2 T ranch dressing dry mixVery moist, flavorful bread! This will become a staple at my house!"
"I just made the edited version, not noticing the change with water, added extra flour! Hope it turns out okay!"
"Very flavorful bread. Guests loved it, so I will be making it many times over."
"oops, sorry. That's 1/3 cup warm water!"
"This bread is in the machine at least once a week. Here it is corrected for 5,000 feet and with the changes I make - a fantastic loaf or bread!1 cup warm Dos Equis Ambar Beer1 cup warm water2 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil3 Tablespoons honey1-3/4 teaspoons salt2 cups white bread flour2 cups wheat flour2-1/4 teaspoon active dry yeastfollow directions for your machine and enjoy."