There are so many great things about this recipe from Barbara Moravek of Jay, Florida! Sweet apples, golden raisins, celery, nuts, tuna and a tropical taste of pineapple add up to a simply wonderful salad. And leftovers are as delicious as the first bite. Sometimes Barbara substitutes grapes for the raisins.
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 cans (5 ounces each) white water-packed tuna, drained
- 1 large apple, chopped
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Bread slices or lettuce leaves
- In a large bowl, combine the pineapple, tuna, apple, celery, raisins and almonds. Combine mayonnaise and lemon juice; stir into tuna mixture. Spread on bread or serve on lettuce-lined plates. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Albacore Tuna Salad in Simple & Delicious September/October 2007, p33
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Albacore Tuna Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review