Alabama White BBQ Sauce
My boys use to spend their summers with their grandmother in Alabama. She would treat them to a meal at a restaurant that served white barbecue sauce over chicken and my family thought it was wonderful. I started making it at home and every time I make the sauce, it brings back memories of those summers in Tuscaloosa. The white sauce should be applied only at the very end of your grilling or smoki
24 ServingsPrep: 5 min. + chilling
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a small bowl, whisk all ingredients. Refrigerate for at least 8
- hours. Brush sauce over meats during the last few minutes of
- grilling. Serve remaining sauce on the side for dipping.
- Yield: 3 cups.
Wine: Blush Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a blush wine such as White Zinfandel or a Rosé.