I'm always looking for new ways to use up our leftover holiday turkey. The fruit, nuts and seasonings give the salad a unique flavor.
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 2 cups diced cooked turkey
- 1 cup pineapple chunks, well drained
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 1 cup seedless green grapes
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chutney
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- In a bowl, toss first six ingredients. In a small bowl, combine all
- remaining ingredients except lettuce. Pour over turkey mixture and
- mix gently. Chill. Serve on a bed of lettuce if desired. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 528 calories, 38 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 67 mg cholesterol, 501 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 24 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.