After-School Treats Recipe
"These delicious no-bake bars satisfy my craving for chocolate and are easier to whip up than brownies or cookies from scratch," writes Andrea Neilson of East Dundee, Illinois. Requiring just five ingredients, they're especially handy for a bake sale or after-school treat.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. + cooling YIELD:24 servings
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 5 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1 package (10 ounces) Milk Duds
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1. In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine chocolate chips and shortening. Cover and microwave on high until chocolate is melted; stir until smooth. Stir in cereal until well coated.
- 2. In another microwave-safe bowl, combine Milk Duds and water. Cover and microwave on high for 30-40 seconds or until mixture is pourable; mix well. Stir into cereal mixture. Spread into a buttered 13-in. x 9-in. pan. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm. Cut into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 113 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 55 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC