After-School Treats Recipe
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 5 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1 package (10 ounces) Milk Duds
- 1 tablespoon water
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine chocolate chips and shortening. Cover and microwave on high until chocolate is melted; stir until smooth. Stir in cereal until well coated.
- In another microwave-safe bowl, combine Milk Duds and water. Cover and microwave on high for 30-40 seconds or until mixture is pourable; mix well. Stir into cereal mixture. Spread into a buttered 13-in. x 9-in. pan. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm. Cut into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for After-School Treats
Sort By :
"so easy... and the kids love it. beth"
"These are good, but I can't taste the Milk Duds in them.....the anticipation of the caramel was what compelled me to try this recipe. What I taste is chocolate covered crispy rice cereal, but that tastes pretty good. I think maybe I'd prefer milk chocolate chips, though."
"Super easy and tasty!!!"