After-School Gingersnaps Recipe
These cookies were always my favorite after-school treat. I could hardly wait to get home for my snack of gingersnaps and a tall glass of milk. Whenever I think of that special snack, I recall the warmth of home filled with the spicy aroma of ginger!
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 5 min./batch YIELD:36 servings
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup dark molasses
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 to 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 to 3 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1. In a bowl, cream butter, sugars, molasses and egg. Combine flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and ginger; add to creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface to 1/8-in. thickness and cut into desired shapes. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 5-6 minutes or until set (do not overbake). Remove from pan to cool on wire racks. Yield: about 6 dozen (2-1/2 inch cookies).
1 serving (2 each) equals 93 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 111 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC