- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup dark molasses
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 to 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 to 3 teaspoons ground ginger
- In a bowl, cream butter, sugars, molasses and egg. Combine flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and ginger; add to creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface to 1/8-in. thickness and cut into desired shapes. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 5-6 minutes or until set (do not overbake). Remove from pan to cool on wire racks. Yield: about 6 dozen (2-1/2 inch cookies).
Originally published as After-School Gingersnaps in Reminisce January/February 1995, p53
Reviews for After-School Gingersnaps
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 5, 2011
"Dough is very soft. Difficult to roll out. Relatively tasteless once baked. Definitely need more than 'lightly' floured surface."