After-Dinner Mocha White Chocolate
Here, the childhood favorite gets a grown-up makeover. If you're serving kids, just leave out the coffee granules. —Scarlett Elrod, Newnan, Georgia
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 3 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Optional toppings: whipped cream and baking cocoa
- In a small saucepan, heat milk over medium heat until bubbles form
- around sides of pan (do not boil).
- Place the remaining ingredients in a blender. Add hot milk; cover and
- process until frothy. Serve in mugs. Top with whipped cream and
- cocoa if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup (calculated without whipped cream) equals 342 calories, 19 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 137 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 9 g protein.