After Dinner Mint Delights Recipe
I created these because I wanted something different for my cookie baskets at Christmas time. They melt in your mouth a deliciously minty taste. In my circle of family and friends, these have become a most anticipated seasonal treat.—Sally Nicosia, Lynn, Massachusetts
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Green food coloring, optional
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- Green pearl dust
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Beat the extracts, salt and a few drops food coloring if desired. Gradually add flour and mix well.
- 2. Shape into 1-in. balls; place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Using a glass dipped in sugar, flatten to 1/4-in. thickness. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. In a double boiler or metal bowl over hot water, melt chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip cookies in chocolate glaze, allowing excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper until set, refrigerating if necessary. Brush tops with pearl dust. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 cookie equals 101 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 40 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC