- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Green food coloring, optional
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- Green pearl dust
- In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Beat the extracts, salt and a few drops food coloring if desired. Gradually add flour and mix well.
- Shape into 1-in. balls; place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Using a glass dipped in sugar, flatten to 1/4-in. thickness. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a double boiler or metal bowl over hot water, melt chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip cookies in chocolate glaze, allowing excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper until set, refrigerating if necessary. Brush tops with pearl dust. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as After Dinner Mint Delights in The Taste of Home Cookbook 2011, p91
Reviews for After Dinner Mint Delights
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review