After-Christmas Turkey Potpie Recipe
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed golden mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup frozen cut green beans, cooked and drained
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1. In a skillet, saute carrots, onion, celery, thyme and pepper in butter until vegetables are crisp-tender. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine turkey and flour; shake to coat. Add turkey, soup and green beans to the vegetable mixture; mix well. Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom crust. Add turkey mixture. Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie; seal and flute edges. Cut slits in pastry. Brush with milk. Cover edges loosely with foil. Bake at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 6 servings.
1 piece: 516 calories, 28g fat (13g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 780mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 18g protein.
Reviews for After-Christmas Turkey Potpie
"This was a good hearty meal!"
"I bet it would be good with any kind of leftover cooked meat.... :)"
"This sounds absolutely delicious! I will definitely be making this for my family Thank you for sharing! :)"
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer