- 1 cup cubed cooked turkey
- 1/2 cup cooked stuffing
- 2 tablespoons whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 2 tablespoons turkey gravy
- 2 packages (14.1 ounces each) refrigerated pie pastry
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- Rubbed sage, optional
- Additional turkey gravy or whole-berry cranberry sauce, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a small bowl, combine turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce and gravy.
- On a lightly floured surface, unroll one pastry. Roll out into a 12-in. circle. Cut with a floured 4-in. biscuit cutter. Repeat with remaining pastry.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg with water; brush over edges of pastry circles. Place 1 tablespoon filling on one side. Fold dough over filling. Press edges with a fork to seal.
Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Brush tops with remaining egg mixture; sprinkle with sage if desired. Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm with gravy or cranberry sauce if desired.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled pastries in resealable plastic freezer bags. To use, reheat pastries on a greased baking sheet in a preheated 400° oven 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned and heated through. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as After-Christmas Empanadas in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2015, p163
Reviews for After-Christmas Empanadas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review