I came up with this when I combined some of my favorite ingredients: sweet potatoes, chicken and peanut butter. Add mango chutney and tomatoes and you've got a fantastic busy-week recipe. —Devon Delaney, Westport, CT
- 6 bone-in chicken thighs (about 2-1/4 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and finely chopped (about 4 cups)
- 1/2 cup mango chutney
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- Preheat oven to 375°. Place chicken in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake, uncovered, 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add sweet potatoes; cook and stir 10-12 minutes or until tender. In a small bowl, mix chutney and peanut butter; stir into sweet potatoes. Add tomatoes; heat through.
- Spoon potato mixture over chicken. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 180°. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as African Chicken & Sweet Potatoes in Simple & Delicious December/January 2014
Reviews for African Chicken & Sweet Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review