- 6 bone-in chicken thighs (about 2-1/4 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and finely chopped (about 4 cups)
- 1/2 cup mango chutney
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- Preheat oven to 375°. Place chicken in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake, uncovered, 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add sweet potatoes; cook and stir 10-12 minutes or until tender. In a small bowl, mix chutney and peanut butter; stir into sweet potatoes. Add tomatoes; heat through.
- Spoon potato mixture over chicken. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 180°. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for African Chicken & Sweet Potatoes
Sort By :
"Really enjoyed this dish! I used plain diced tomatoes since we don't like a lot of spiciness. I'll definitely serve this again."
"I'm not sure why this recipe only has 4 reviews! It is so delicious! I accidentally used a full cup of the mango chutney and it still turned out great! Will definitely make again and again since both my husband and I loved it."
"This dinner is packed with flavor, and it's so easy."
"We love this! The second time I prepared it I used the mild version of the diced tomatoes and green chiles, since the chutney I use is pretty spicy."
"Lovely dinner will definitely have it again"