African Beef Curry Recipe
- 1 pound beef stew meat, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 to 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Hot cooked rice
- Raisins, chopped salted peanuts and flaked coconut, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine the first seven ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until meat is tender.
- Serve with rice. Garnish with raisins, peanuts and coconut if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for African Beef Curry
Sort By :
I used a crock pot which was quite helpful. Was good enough but won't be a family go-to even though we love curry.
When I make this recipe my kids love it!
Really nice flavor. I added chopped peanuts the last hour of cooking. I also topped it with bananas.
Wonderful,easy recipe. Have shared it with friends who have also enjoyed it.
Served this at a potluck and had many people come and ask me for the recipe.